Tuesday 20 March 2018

Tuesday

Writing - if we are not at guided reading, we are writing - a poem or a story or our choice of spelling words...today we had some poems about Spring, kittens, a storm, the sun, birds and being in the army...Ask me what I wrote about!

Gym - Jungle safari! It was hard staying on the "green vine" and being quiet when we had to back to "home base," but it was fun! Ask me what was the most fun and the most challenging for me!

Library - All of us remembered to bring back one or both of our books! Yay! Can we read my library books tonight?

Treat Day Recess - Yum, yum, thank you Room 5 and parent volunteers!

Mathlympics - Ask me what event I was at today and what math I had to work out to get a medal. Ask me if I used the 100 chart as a strategy? Did I count by 2's, 5's, 10's? Did I measure? Did I pick up a "deduction" or "fall" card in skating and have to subtract?

Special visitor - Lucas shared about his Tabby cat Ariel, then she came for a quick visit before lunch! She was a little nervous and wanted to explore the coat hooks...I wonder if she smelled our lunch?

Emmaline, Trinity, Arthur, Max can share tomorrow and Malik, Kashia, Jared and Tessa on Thursday. Remember, you can bring pictures or send pictures to Mrs. Armour (hjarmour@cbe.ab.ca). You can share your favorite animal if you don't have a pet!

Animal Research - we worked hard finding 3 facts about our animals this afternoon. We are finding out some interesting things about Nose Hill animals...did you know the weasel lives in hollow logs, the porcupine only lives with their mom until they are two months old or that the coyote can run faster than 60km/h or that a badger sprays its enemies like a skunk? Ask me what cool fact I found today!

A photo release form is coming home tomorrow for our "Citizen Science" program that is coming Friday, April 6th to help us discover more about birds and how to observe them and identify them. They have a blog and the form is so they have permission to use our picture or what we create on their blog. If you can send it back Thursday so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle of break that would be great! Sorry for the quick turn around. 

Thursday is the last day of school before Spring Break. If you have a chance to swing by and take a look at the lost and found so we can clear things out, that would be great. We will also try and do a desk clean and coat hook clean to help us come back to a fresh, clean school! Spring cleaning:)

Here are a few samples of our Aspen Tree Sketches using chalk and thinking about foreground and background.





Thanks!
Mrs. Armour and the Clubhouse



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LEARNING AT HOME - GOOGLE CLASSROOM - MRS ARMOUR'S CLUBHOUSE

Hi Clubhouse Families; Just a reminder we have moved to GOOGLE CLASSROOM for all our learning. Please remember to sign in with your child&...