Thursday 10 October 2019

Happy Thanksgiving - Enjoy your long weekend!









Today after Daily Warm-Up and Music, the whole school went to the Learning Commons to welcome SaaKokoto back to Dr. Coffin and listen to a story. We all got an animal sound to help make his story more real - ask me what animal I was!

In writing we are continuing to work on words that describe (ADJECTIVES) these words usually go in front of NOUNS. We are also learning we can make our sentences even more interesting when we add ADVERBS (usually words that end in "ly" and answer the question "how?") after action words (VERBS). So, here is a boring sentence.

The dog ran.

Ask me which words I can add to turn this boring sentence into an exciting sentence!

After lunch, we were invited to go to Room 1/2 to share in their Thanksgiving/Harvest Soup Feast! We were thankful! Ask me what kind of soup it was and if I had seconds:)

We played some mini soccer games - we are learning to think about PACE during gym time.
P - did I participate?
A - how was my attitude?
C - did I cooperate with others?
E - did I give my best effort?

SaaKokoto came for a visit to The Clubhouse after gym and showed us a very cool picture of him holding an eagle (ask me if I remember the Blackfoot word - it starts with a "p") and told us stories of paying attention to the animals and the land around us and a legend of "How the hoodoos were formed." It was too short of a visit, but we are looking forward to him coming a few more times this school year.

To finish the day we made thanksgiving leaves and did the Big Pick Up.

Keep your eyes open and look for patterns all around!

REMINDERS: 
Enjoy your long weekend, see you Tuesday!

Literacy Night - Wednesday, October 15th 5-7pm. Come and learn! 

Please return your swim forms - thank you to those who returned them today!
We would be very thankful for volunteers on
Thursday, October 24 (need 1) ,
Monday 28th (need 2),
Wednesday Oct 30(need 1),
Monday November 4( need 1),
Wednesday, November 6 (need 2) and
Wednesday November 13(need 1)

Dress nice and smile pretty for PICTURE DAY - Wednesday, October 16th:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LEARNING AT HOME - GOOGLE CLASSROOM - MRS ARMOUR'S CLUBHOUSE

Hi Clubhouse Families; Just a reminder we have moved to GOOGLE CLASSROOM for all our learning. Please remember to sign in with your child&...