Wednesday 12 February 2020

Wednesday Weekly Catch Up Blog! Pictures!


HAPPY VALENTINES/FRIENDSHIP/KINDNESS/FAMILY DAY!!!

Mrs. Armour was back today! We worked on our bridges slideshows and presented. We will edit and add some more research to each of them now that we've had a chance to share and hear some suggestions from each of our groups. There are a lot of bridges around us. Mrs. Armour took a couple pictures of bridges from Vancouver when she was visiting her daughter and her brother - the Port Mann bridge and the Lion's Gate bridge.

There are some pictures of us trying out the Traverse - Climbing Wall and also listening and asking questions of our grade 5/6 Big Buddies Science Fair projects last week. Ask me if I remember which was my favourite and why!

Last Wednesday was our musical field trip to the Bella Concert Hall with the whole school. It was so fun and THANK YOU to all our volunteers. It was also Winter Walk Day.

This week our writing prompt was..."If I was in charge of World Kindness Day, I would do ask people to do these 3 things..."  Ask me what my 3 things were. 

For Math we worked on a review booklet that had questions about time, patterns, word problems and money! Our word problem of the day today was, 
"In the bakery, there are 54 chocolate cupcakes divided evenly between 9 packages. How many cupcakes are in each package?" 

Ask me how I solved this! Was it challenging? Was it easy? Did I use mental math? Did I draw a picture?
Did I add 9's to get to 54? 

Did I subtract 9's from 54 to get to 0?

Did I divide up 54 into even groups?

Mr. O'Reilly read with the Mouse and the Motorcycle Group and the rest of us chose poems to practice and read to the class. Poetry helps us to focus on the words, and say the words in a rhythm. Some words are challenging and some are silly and some are made up so it's a fun way to play with words and learn how to mix up sounds and put words together. 


LOOKING AHEAD: 
Teacher's Convention February 13, 14 no school. 
Family Day Monday, February 17 No school. Enjoy! 
Wednesday February 19th, We will walk with the grade 3/4's to Simon Fraser for One World Day. 
Thursday, February 20th, U of C will be here to show us their Solar Car and explain how they created it. 
Friday, February 21st is Kindergarten's 100 Day Celebration










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LEARNING AT HOME - GOOGLE CLASSROOM - MRS ARMOUR'S CLUBHOUSE

Hi Clubhouse Families; Just a reminder we have moved to GOOGLE CLASSROOM for all our learning. Please remember to sign in with your child&...