Monday 5 November 2018

Monday, November 5th

Journals - ask me if my picture showed details, colour and filled my whole page! Ask me what I wrote about and if I answered the questions, "WHAT did you do?" "WHO was with you?" "WHERE did you go?" Ask me if I did any edits (Capitals, periods, word wall for spelling...)

Guided Reading - ask me what my new book this week is about? Ask me if it is a fiction or non-fiction book and how do I know?

Grade 2's - Literacy Roles - ask me what a CONNECTOR/WORD WIZARD/QUESTIONER/SUMMARIZER/ILLUSTRATOR listens for in a story and writes down. We are starting to read an old Beatrix Potter story - The Tailor of Gloucester to discover how to practice these when we read.

Math - ask me how I know if something is a pattern. Ask me to see if I can find 3 patterns at home tonight! Check out this website for some cool pictures of patterns...

https://kids.nationalgeographic.com/explore/my-shot-galleries/my-shot-pattern-challenge/#lightbulbs-over-london-shot-by-ejp-photo.jpg

Science - ask me about the way my bug survives...what special parts does it have to help it live or escape predators or trick prey?

A big thanks to Kipling for sharing his slug today - check out his survival skill of camouflage!


A big thanks to Roman's mom who made us all little crocheted poppies to wear - so special!
We will practice the poem that came with it to say as a class - here it is if you want to practice at home too!
Poppy, poppy what do you say?
Wear me on Remembrance Day.
Poppy, poppy what do you tell?
Many soldiers in battle fell.
Poppy, poppy what should we know?
That peace on earth should
grow, grow, grow!
  • Dr. Coffin School is participating in the Calgary Food Bank Food Drive all week.  Please bring non-perishable items for the collection bins.
  • We will be hosting a Remembrance Day Assembly on Friday, November 9 at 10:45 am in the gym.  All are welcome to attend.
  • Face-to-Face Conferences will take place Thursday, November 22 and Friday, November 23, 2018.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LEARNING AT HOME - GOOGLE CLASSROOM - MRS ARMOUR'S CLUBHOUSE

Hi Clubhouse Families; Just a reminder we have moved to GOOGLE CLASSROOM for all our learning. Please remember to sign in with your child&...