Tuesday 6 November 2018

Tuesday - snow and pattern pictures!

Thanks to Red group for helping with Blog this week!

Happy Birthday to Christopher today!

Today we did "poppy writing" The grade ones copied one page from In Flanders Fields and the grade twos are copying the whole poem! It was okay.

We searched for patterns in our clubhouse today for math. Did you know that patterns in Nature are usually a branch, spiral or layer pattern? Ask me if I can think of any examples? Ask me how many times the pattern needs to repeat. Ask me what patterns I found!

Today the grade ones did Mathletics and the grade twos discussed their Bug Research with Mrs. Armour at the carpet. We read from books and guessed where the facts best fit -

Habitat (Where do I live?)
Diet(What do I eat?)
Survival(How do I live and not die?)
Interesting Facts(Did you know?).

In gym, we practised our "racket and ball" skills today with "puff balls" underhand and overhand and then played "Don't throw your junk in my backyard"

It was cold today! Thanks for dressing so warm with mitts, hats, boots, snow pants and coats so we can have fun outside!

RETAKES are Thursday. REMEMBRANCE DAY assembly Friday at 10:45AM. If you are in Scouts or Girl Guides you can wear your uniform. Parents welcome.

FOOD BANK COLLECTION until next Tuesday. THANK YOU for those who donated today! We are competing for the SOUPER CAN! :) POPPY collection until Friday.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LEARNING AT HOME - GOOGLE CLASSROOM - MRS ARMOUR'S CLUBHOUSE

Hi Clubhouse Families; Just a reminder we have moved to GOOGLE CLASSROOM for all our learning. Please remember to sign in with your child&...