Monday 22 October 2018

Monday - Home Reading Begins!

Today we had new groups because we are starting guided reading groups and centres tomorrow! We started with journals because it's Monday! Ask me what I wrote about!

After recess we met with Room 1 and 2 to discuss our new routines with

HOME READING -watch for our bag coming home today! Please help me read through my book once or twice with you or my brother or sister or stuffie or pet:) and then remind me to put it back in my backpack so I can read it with the volunteer and switch each day! If I have a chapter book - I wait to exchange it when I'm finished...after I take my coat and shoes off each morning, the next thing I do is put my home reading in the bin.

GUIDED READING GROUPS - all of us are grouped together in a "best fit" group for us. Some of us will be going to read with Ms. Boyer, Mrs. Hamby, Mr. O'Reilly or Mrs. Wilkins or some of us will stay and read with Mrs. Armour. Some of us will go to guided reading every day and some of us will go 2 days a week. Ask me if I remember who I am reading with! Mrs. Armour will have reminder cards on the board in case we forget!

As soon as we finish our morning routine (backpack hung up, indoor shoes on, home reading in bin, chair down) Group 1 will start guided reading. If we are not in group 1 we will start POETRY CENTRES (copying poems, creating poems, reading/performing poems). When Group 1 returns, Group 2 will have their turn for Guided Reading and Group 1 will do centres.

Remind me Mrs. Armour will let me know where to be if I forget!

Thanks Green group for helping with Blog and being classroom helpers this week.

From our helpers - "Gym was fun today. We were outside and played volleyball."
We had music today. We played with instruments. It was fun! One of the instruments was a triangle. We practiced our CBC project. Ask me what I am playing!"

Looking ahead - We are excited to have SaaKokoto visit Dr. Coffin on Thursday!
                         - PD Day on Friday - no school for students.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LEARNING AT HOME - GOOGLE CLASSROOM - MRS ARMOUR'S CLUBHOUSE

Hi Clubhouse Families; Just a reminder we have moved to GOOGLE CLASSROOM for all our learning. Please remember to sign in with your child&...