Monday 10 June 2019

Monday, June 10th It's that time of year...

Journals today - here are the things I need to write in my journal to show my best work!

  • 4+ sentences if I am in grade one
  • 8+ sentences if I am in grade two
  • ideas that are interesting and detailed
  • correct punctuation
  • date at the top
  • neat printing
  • correct spelling for "word wall" and "no excuse" words and words I can sound out
  • a coloured picture with lots of detail
  • independent (on my own) writing
We will be working to complete our Arctic Tales. Here's what I need to show my best work!
  • my story plan has a beginning, 3 details in the middle, an ending
  • interesting characters (not too many:) I have shown colour and size and maybe what they eat
  • My story has an Arctic setting - blizzard, tundra, Iqaluit, Arctic ocean, inuksuit...
  • My story has a problem - hungry, lonely, lost
  • My story has 3 events that make sense
  • My story has an interesting ending 
  • When you read my story, you can tell I know about the Arctic
We will be working to complete our Nova Scotia presentation (slides or brochure or both). Here's what I need to show my best work!
  • Where is Nova Scotia (map is coloured and complete)
  • What does the flag look like?
  • What are some places to visit?
  • What is some food that is special to Nova Scotia?
  • What are some things to do that are special to Nova Scotia?
  • What kind of jobs do they do in Nova Scotia?
  • What is the land like in Nova Scotia?
  • What is the climate (weather) like in Nova Scotia?
  • How many facts about the Bluenose can you tell me?
We will be discovering how to build a boat that moves this week! Ask me how I think a boat might move without a motor!

Ask me about what I have discovered about cork boats, canoes, outriggers, and catamarans. Ask me what balance, stability, wide and strong have to do with boat building!

Check your house for any LIBRARY BOOKS and send them in. The first class to get all their books back gets an ice cream party!

We can bring our books back any day this week. THANKS for reading with me or listening to me read every day! (It counts if I'm reading signs, magazines or comic books:) Listening to audio books is another way to practice and/or a great way to fall asleep. 

Just a tip! Did you know...Doing little things with my hands like tying my shoe, zipping my coat, buttoning my shirt, playing with playdough or lego, doodling, finger knitting, dressing my dolls, painting or helping to mix cookies all help my fingers get stronger so my printing gets neater!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LEARNING AT HOME - GOOGLE CLASSROOM - MRS ARMOUR'S CLUBHOUSE

Hi Clubhouse Families; Just a reminder we have moved to GOOGLE CLASSROOM for all our learning. Please remember to sign in with your child&...